1. What is the 5 number summary from the following set of data? -8, -2, 0, 1, 5, 8, 11
2. What does a correlation coefficient (r) of -.85 indicate about the direction and strength of a linear relationship between two variables?
3. You are conducting a survey at your school, and randomly determine to survey every 10th student that walks into the cafeteria. What type of sampling method did you use?
4. Solve for x: 7x2 + 3x - 4 = 0
5. Solve the linear system of equations: -2x + 3y = 2
-4x - y = -24
6. Solve for the center and radius of the circle: x2 + y2 - 8x + 10y + 5 = 0
Email your completed quiz to firstname.lastname@example.org to unlock your Summer of Math Sophia badge.
Source: Rachel Bedo
Sophia's online courses not only save you money, but credits are also eligible for transfer to over 2,000 colleges and universities.*