1. Find all of the missing sides of the irregular shape by either:
- comparing parallel sides
- breaking the shape down into smaller shapes
2. Find the sum of all of the outside edges.
Step-by-step examples of how to find the perimeter of irregular shapes.
1. Break down the irregular shapes into smaller shapes.
2. Find the edges of the smaller shapes.
3. Calculate the area of each small shape.
4. Add all of the areas of the small shapes (the sum will be the area of the irregular shape).
I can not seem to understand how this works call me dumb but I don't remember doing this and my daughter needs help
Sophia's online courses not only save you money, but credits are also eligible for transfer to over 2,000 colleges and universities.*