Free course: CareerBuilder and Capella University partner to boost your career and jump-start your education
- This promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Registration for a Sophia course through this promotion constitutes:
(a) your grant of permission to Sophia Learning, LLC (“Sophia”) and Capella University, Inc. to contact you regarding their educational programs and services; and (b) your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding.
- Eligibility. To be eligible you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. resident.
- Be 13 years of age or older.
- Be one of the first 500 persons to register for a course through the CareerBuilder/Sophia co-branded landing page.
- Successfully pass the first Challenge Set in the course for which you register.
- Not be an employee of Sophia Learning, LLC, its parent or affiliates.
- Not have previously taken a free Sophia course under this same promotion.
- Method of Entry. You must:
- By or before the deadline of March 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM central time, register for a course through the CareerBuilder/Sophia co-branded landing page and enter the promotional code CB2014 during the registration process.
- Successfully pass the first Challenge Set for the course. If you do not pass the first Challenge Set, you will not be permitted to continue in the course free of charge.
- Selection and Award
a.Only those who satisfy the Eligibility and Method of Entry restrictions above will be able to complete a Sophia course free of charge. Those who satisfy the criteria will be notified of their award by virtue of their ability to proceed through the course free of charge.
b.Any user who fails to satisfy these Official Rules will be required to pay full price for the course.
c.Limit one free course per person. Subsequent courses will require full payment at then-current rates.
d.Under no condition will a user be eligible for any substitute award or cash equivalent.
- Sponsor. This contest is sponsored by Sophia Learning, LLC, 225 S. 6th Street, 9th Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
- Contest Irregularities and Cancellation. Sophia is not responsible for any irregularities in the contest, such as computer or software problems, late, misdirected or corrupted entries, or other technical issues or errors. If for any reason, in Sophia’s sole judgment, the contest cannot be executed as planned, Sophia reserves the right to modify, suspend, or abort and terminate the contest.
Disputes. These Official Rules shall be governed by Minnesota law. Any disputes and/or claims arising out of or related to the contest shall be governed by Minnesota law, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, and shall be venued in state or federal court in Hennepin County, Minnesota. By entering the contest, entrants irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of Minnesota for purposes of such disputes and/or claims.
Non-Waiver. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Severability. To the extent any provision of these Rules is deemed unenforceable, the lawful provisions shall remain in effect.