The Module is divided into 2 Units. The first concerns clothes. The second deals with future arrangements, items in a café and shop, and the weather. Grammar and vocabulary will be covered with the tutorials, while listening, reading and communicative tasks will be done in class.
• Present continuous: affirmative, negative, questions, short answers
• Object pronouns
• Present continuous used for the future
• The future with “going to”
• Future time expressions
• The weather
Listening and reading skills:
• Listen to a football commentary
• Read about the World Cup
• Listen to a conversation at a football stadium
• Life and culture: Sports fans
• Read a list of items in a café and shop
• Listen to and understand a song
• Read a postcard
• Story: “The Silent Powers” Chapters 7 and 8
• Life and culture: An exchange visit
• Describe things in progress at the moment
• Play a guessing game
• Describe what you’re wearing now and what you usually wear
• Talk about future arrangements
• Make and reply to suggestions
Write a message to a friend
• Describe plans and intentions
• Talk about the weather
• Write a holiday postcard
At the end of this module:
most students will: be able to talk about clothes, describe their school uniform, and say what they wear at home. They will be able to understand and make suggestions for future plans. They will also be able to understand a simple weather forecast.
some students will not have made so much progress and will: be able to recognise most of the words for clothes. They will be able to identify activities when suggestions for the future are made. They will be able to recognise simple expressions concerned with the weather.
some students will have progressed further and will: be able to describe a school uniform, talk about colours and styles and give opinions about it. They can describe an ideal school uniform, what they wear at the weekend and to family celebrations. They will be able to understand an authentic weather forecast, and will be able to compare seasonal weather in the UK and in their country of origin.