1. Watch 5 Themes of Geography video. Sing, dance, and have fun. This song will help you remember the 5 themes.
2. Watch MY video explaining the 5 themes. Take notes (in the Cornell format) on the vocabulary terms listed on this page. You may also want to recreate the graphic organizer on this tutorial of the 5 themes of geography.
3. . Answer questions that are posted in this tutorial. Use pages A2 and A3 to help you.
4. If you have any questions, please ask them at the bottom of this page.
Use your book and the video to write down the definitions of the following terms:
1. Absolute location
2. Relative Location
6. Human-Environment Interaction
In this tutorial students will learn about the 5 themes of geography: place, location, movement, region, and human-environment interaction.
1. What is the relative location of your home?
2. What are three characteristics of the region in which you live?
3. What are three ways that you have recently interacted with the environment?
4. Which aspect of geography described in these themes do you think has most affected your life> Explain.