or email us at:
ACC 564 WEEK 11 FINAL EXAM
1) Which of the following statements below shows the contrast between data and information?
A) Data is the output of an AIS.
B) Information is the primary output of an AIS.
C) Data is more useful in decision-making than information.
D) Data and information are the same.
2) Information is
A) basically the same as data.
B) raw facts about transactions.
C) potentially useful facts when processed in a timely manner.
D) data that has been organized and processed so that it’s meaningful.
3) The value of information can best be defined as
A) how useful it is to decision makers.
B) the benefits produced by possessing and using the information minus the cost of producing it.
C) how relevant it is.
D) the extent to which it maximizes the value chain.
4) An accounting information system (AIS) processes ________ to provide users with ________.
A) data; information
B) data; transactions
C) information; data
D) data; benefits
5) Information that reduces uncertainty, improves decision makers’ ability to make predictions, or confirms or corrects their prior expectations, is said to be
6) Information that is free from error or bias and accurately represents the events or activities of the organization is
7) Information that does not omit important aspects of the underlying events or activities that it measures is