Your acceleration and momentum notes. Be sure to pause, rewind and stop as necessary.
Source: Langhans and others for powerpoints- but do not know who
Be sure to pause, rewind, stop as necessary.
1. Explain how acceleration is different from speed and velocity.
2. Explain how acceleration, velocity, and time are related.
3. Consider a situation where you are playing air hockey with a friend. The table shoots small streams of air upward to keep the puck afloat and to minimize friction. When you barely tap the puck forward, what happened?
4. When a bus comes to a sudden stop to avoid hitting a dog, it slows from 9.00 m/s to stop in 1.50 seconds. Find the acceleration of the bus.
5. Explain how a car could accelerate if its speed is a constant 65 km/h.
6. Tommy was walking at a rate of 4 mph at noon and at 12:30 pm he was walking at a brisk rate of 6 mph. Two hours later Tommy was walking at a leisurely rate of 2mph. What was Tommy's acceleration between noon and 12:30 pm? Show Given and Work
7. An object is going 22 m/s and is 3 kg. Find momentum. Show Given and Work
8. Two astronauts push off of each other in space. The 80 kg astronaut ends up going 10 m/s. The other one ends up going 8 m/s. What is the mass of the other astronaut? Show Given and Work
9. Using the Law of Conservation of Momentum, solve the following: A 40 kg boy on a skateboard throws a 2 kg, 20 m/s to the left. Find how fast the boy is going afterward.
10. If 2 football players are running at the same velocity towards an opponent. Player 1 weighed 170 lbs, player 2 weighed 250 lbs. Who is going to move the opponent farther? Why?
Source: various; Langhans