Your acceleration and momentum notes. Be sure to pause, rewind and stop as necessary.
Source: Langhans and others for powerpoints- but do not know who
1. Explain how acceleration is different from speed and velocity.
2. Explain how acceleration, velocity, and time are related.
3. Consider a situation where you are playing air hockey with a friend. The table shoots small streams of air upward to keep the puck afloat and to minimize friction. When you barely tap the puck forward, what happened?
4. When a bus comes to a sudden stop to avoid hitting a dog, it slows from 9.00 m/s to stop in 1.50 seconds. Find the acceleration of the bus.
5. Explain how a car could accelerate if its speed is a constant 65 km/h.
6. Tommy was walking at a rate of 4 mph at noon and at 12:30 pm he was walking at a brisk rate of 6 mph. Two hours later Tommy was walking at a leisurely rate of 2mph. What was Tommy's acceleration between noon and 12:30 pm? Show Given and Work
Source: various; Langhans