1. What did AA contribute to the Enron disaster?
2. Why should an auditor make decisions in the public interests rather than in the interest of management or shareholders?
3. Why didn’t the AA partners responsible for quality control stop the flawed decisions of the audit partners?
4. Should all of AA have suffered for the actions or inactions of fewer than 100 people? Which of AA’s personnel should have been prosecuted?
5. Under what circumstances should audit firms shred or destroy audit working papers?