Students will identify and correctly use frequently occurring adjectives by using a computer and Haiku Deck.
Common Core Standards
Use frequently occurring adjectives.
ISTE NETS Standards
1. Creativity and Innovation
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students:
a. apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
b. create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations. Students:
a. understand and use technology systems.
b. select and use applications effectively and productively
This lesson is for 1st grade students. There are 25 iPads for 24 students and 1 for the teacher. The lessons are for 3 days. The first two days are for 30 minutes and 1 hour on day 3.
Use of Technology:
25 iPads, Apple TV, internet, Google Presentation, KidBlog, YouTube, Haiku Deck
Day 1: Topic- Introducing adjectives
1. Teacher will open up Google Presentation and project on Apple TV. Students will follow.
2. Students will view the slideshow together stopping at every slide for questions.
3. Students will stop at the discussions slide and discuss with their partners.
4. Teacher facilitates during discussions time.
Day 2: Topic- Understanding Adjectives
1. To review and check for understanding, students will open Google form and fill it out.
2. Students will open Google Presentation from Day 1 to the Discussions slide.
3. They will open another window with their KidBlog account.
4. Students will copy and paste the discussion questions into their KidBlog and answer them.
5. Teacher will facilitate and help where needed.
Day 3: Topic- Using adjectives
1. Students will review how to use Haiku Deck by viewing YouTube video.
2. Teacher will show teacher example of the completed Haiku Deck project on Apple TV.
3. Students will work on Haiku Deck independently, one slide at a time, raising hand for approval to continue to next slide.
4. Teacher will guide students on teacher iPad displayed on Apple TV throughout slideshow.
5. Students will save and share Haiku Deck to teacher email, which they will do all together by following teacher on the Apple TV.
Using Haiku Deck on the iPad.
This is an example of how your Haiku Deck should look. You may not use the same pictures as me, but you will use the same adjectives. Search for animals to describe each adjective. You may give more examples if you'd like.