4.H.1 Analyze the chronology of key historical events in North Carolina history.
4.H.1.1 Summarize the change in cultures, everyday life and status of indigenous American Indian groups in North Carolina before and after European exploration.
Explore the fascinating history and contemporary culture of North Carolina's American Indian communities.
Staple: noun, a basic item of food
Tradition: noun, a custom or way of life handed down over many years
Government: noun, a system of making and carrying out rules and law
Palisades: noun, a fence of pales or stakes set firmly in the ground, as for enclosure or defense.
People Of the Mountains
1. How large were most Cherokee towns? _______________________________________________
2. What was the important food the Cherokee Farmed? _____________________________________
3. How were the walls of the house made? ______________________________________________
4. In what ways did the Cherokee prepare corn to eat? _____________________________________
1. Why did the Cherokee tell folktales? ________________________________________________
2. Who participated in decision-making at Cherokee council meetings? _______________________
3. The "red" chiefs was the chief when? ________________________________________________
4. The "white" chief was the chief when? _______________________________________________
Source: NC MuseumofHistory