Cell phones can be either an advantage or disadvantage, pending on the user. Advancements are constantly being made in the technology world, and cell phones are most definitely at the forefront. Some believe that cell phones are essential to life, while others believe cell phones can be a threat. I will present the “pros” and “cons” of cell phone usage as in directly links to students.
While cell phones are known to keep students readily accessible to emergency and parental contact, they are also known for their unethical usage.Cell phones can be distractions in the school environment, evading classroom time and reducing student's academic success.
Should cell phones be allowed in school?
Questions for Schools website creator, teacher, and writer Paul Barnwell talks about using cell phones in schools.
Some Pros Are as following:
- Parents can be in touch with their children and know their whereabouts.
- Your kids can reach you in the event of an emergency and vice versa.
- If in danger, your children can reach the authorities or a medical provider.
- Phones can be silenced during class or study periods and active only in appropriate places.
- Students can take pictures of class projects to e-mail or show to parents. Ordinarily, parents do not see projects that are completed in groups in school.
- Students can text message missed assignments to classmates that are absent. A buddy system can be put into place.
- Many cell phones are equipped with calculators-plenty of new math curricula encourage the use of a calculator when problem-solving. A student should become accustomed to having a calculator handy for both homework and real life math applications.
Con’s of Cellular Usage
- They disrupt the class with noises from the phone and ringtones and you can text other students during class and not pay attention.
- Some groups have raised concern, for example, over the possibility of brain tumors, headaches, and dizziness. Others suggest that cell phone usage may have caused some reproductive effects in both males and females.
Students With Cell Phones Causes Trouble In Schools ARRESTED FOR BULLYING