Click link for download: https://99papers.com/?rid=2511
In the red is the 5 Topics that need to apply to the written paper. The text im using with pages is just the reference from book assignment that was provided to us in class. below is the book
in each part has questions some are answer some are not please refer to the question when writting the assignment.
Adams, Laurie Schneider. Art Across Time, Volume II. 4th edition. McGraw-Hill, 2011. ISBN-978-0-07-735371-1
Using images from our class text, choose 5 works that best exemplify the following formal element terms:
Here are my 5 works in my text that need to be writing about:
1.Leonardo da Vinci, Mona Lisa, c. 1503-1505. fig. 14.16 pp. 537
2. Giovanni Battista Gaulli, Triump of the Name of Jesus, 1676-1679. Ceiling fresco with stucco figures on teh vault of the Church of Il Gesu, Rome. fig.17.25 pp. 631
3.Jacques-Louis David, Napoleon at Saint Bernard Pass, 1800. Musee National du Chateau de Versailles. fig. 19.6 pp. 695
4. Edouard Manet, A Bar at the Folies-Bergere, 1881-1882. oil canvas. fig. 22.6 pp.769
5. Vincent van Gogh, Starry Night, 1889.Museum of Modern Art, New York. fig. 23.17
After you have chosen the 5 works, answer these questions for EACH work:
Artist: Who was the artist?
Title of the work: What is the title of the work?
Date: When was the work created?
Media: How/with what was the work created?
Location: Where is the work displayed? And please give page number in text.
Briefly describe the subject matter and then using the “How Do We Talk About Art?” section of the Introduction chapter of our text, identify and discuss how the term affects the overall composition of the work. For instance, don’t just tell me there were lines in the work, tell me what kind (straight, curved, horizontal, diagonal, thick, thin, implied, etc.), where they were located, and how they affect the overall composition.
What was the artist trying to communicate?
How did the artist communicate that message? (Symbolism, subject matter, or content?)
How does the work make you feel? Why?
Does the work have value and why? (types of value – material, intrinsic, religious, nationalistic, psychological – are discussed in the Introduction chapter of our text)
After analyzing the 5 works, provide a conclusion:
Which work was your favorite? (answer: Vincent van Gogh, Starry Night, 1889)
4 page paper
The paper should be double spaced with a 1” margin and type size should not exceed 12 pts.
Art History, as a discipline, utilizes the MLA style.
Always cite your sources!
Please read the document, “Important-Tips to Avoid Plagiarism” located in the Content section.
Remember to proofread!
• Please use at least two book and unlimited internet resources.
• Always cite your sources!
• Please read the document, “Important-Tips to Avoid Plagiarism” located in the Content section.
• Please note: Wikipedia and other "Wiki-" websites are not acceptable sources of information for any assignment in this class.