Project Assignment #1: Making an Ethical Decision (15%) due Mar 13 in Assignment Folder
In this assignment, respond to a short case scenario demonstrating an understanding of an ethical dilemma and the ethical theories presented in the course and how they apply to decision making in the case scenario.
Required Elements of Project Assignment #1 – Making an Ethical Decision:
Read critically and analyze the case scenario provided below (scroll down).
Complete all parts of the analysis of the case scenario as described below.
LABEL ALL PARTS OF ANALYSIS AS LISTED BELOW, please.
1. Introduction: Write a brief 1 paragraph introduction to your analysis.
2. Ethical Dilemma: Define the ethical dilemma using the either/or dilemma format to define the options and possible consequences of each option; refer to Student Toolbox for examples/info about defining ethical dilemmas.
3. Decision Analysis: This section is comprised of a discussion of 3 possible answers/decisions to the question “What would you do?" in the situation described in the case scenario.
Discussion analysis should include all of the following, labeling each part 3A, 3B, 3C,3D:
3A. Decision 1:
Define a possible decision 1
Explain 1 ethical theory we have covered in the course and how this first theory might apply to guide and justify Decision 1 in this case
3B. Decision 2:
Define a possible decision 2
Explain a second ethical theory we have covered in the course and how this second theory might apply to guide and justify Decision 2 in this case
3C. Decision 3:
Define a possible decision 3
Explain a third ethical theory we have covered in the course and how this third theory might apply to guide and justify Decision 3 in this case
3D. Compare and Contrast: Compare and contrast the 3 decisions by discussing:
(1) Decision 1:
Pros/cons of Decision 1
How Decision 1 directly addresses/resolves the ethical dilemma described above
(2) Decision 2:
Pros/cons of Decision 2
How Decision 2 directly addresses/resolves the ethical dilemma described above
Pros/cons of Decision 3
How Decision 3 directly addresses/resolves the ethical dilemma described above
4. Decision Choice: Choose 1 decision from the 3 possible decisions discussed above that you consider to be the best resolution of the ethical dilemma and explain why in detail, and comprehensively
Also, include discussion of pros/cons future implications, possible consequences in your discussion.
4. Conclusion: Write a summary of ideas and ethical concepts discussed in the paper in 5. 5. References: in APA format