1. Which of the following is false regarding inspections and warrants?
2. The principal purpose of the NLRA is to encourage the resolution of workplace disputes through collective bargaining. There are two sections that provide protection, under certain circumstances, to employees who refuse to perform unsafe work. What are they?
3. Which of the following is true under GHS?
4. What section of the OSH Act prohibits discrimination against an employee because he or she has taken part in any legal proceeding brought under the OSH Act?
5. Which of the following is not true?
6. In addition to statutory protections, many state courts recognize what type of action for wrongful discharge based on a "public policy" exception to the doctrine of employment at will?
7. What case found that access to records that employers must maintain in accordance with the OSHA regulations, such as access to employee injury logs, may not require a warrant?
8. Which one of the following is true?
9. In the absence of a contract of employment for a fixed term, an employee is free to leave his employment at any time, and the employer is free to discharge an employee at any time for any reason, good or bad, or indeed for no reason at all. This doctrine is known as what?
10. A Safety Data Sheet (SDS) under GHS will need to provide all of the following information except which one?
11. Summarize the federal statutes that protect an employee, under certain circumstances, from being discharged or disciplined for refusing to perform an assigned task.
Provide approximately 200-300 words in your response and a citation for your source material. Cite some case law in your response.
12. Describe and discuss the employee rights under the OSH Act and its implementing regulations.
Provide approximately 200-300 words in your response and a citation for your source material.