or email us
BUS 335 WEEK 8 QUIZ 7 CHAPTER 10
True / False Questions
1. Internal selection is virtually identical to external selection both in terms of the applicability of the logic of the prediction principle, and in terms of the relevance of data about past job experiences.
2. In comparison with external selection, internal selection places greater emphasis on predictor signs than samples.
3. In internal selection, managers tend to overemphasize subjective opinions about job candidates, with a consequent increase in decisions with low validity.
4. Organizations typically have better data with which to make choices on internal than external candidates.
5. Depth of information and relevance are the only advantages that internal selection has over external selection.
6. Sometimes individuals who have excellent skills in engineering and scientific positions do not have good managerial skills.
Multiple Choice Questions
7. In comparing internal selection with external selection, an advantage of internal selection is that ________.
A. internal selection requires few procedures to locate and screen viable job candidates
B. internal selection presents fewer dangers of incurring legal liability than external selection
C. information about internal candidates tends to be more verifiable than information about external candidates
D. there is less need to use multiple predictors in assessing internal candidates than with external candidates