1. Who discovered the atomic theory?
2. Who discovered the law of conservation of mass?
3. A lead ball has a mass of 49.0 grams and a density of 11.3 g/cm3. What is the volume of the ball?
4. What is the volume in mL of a cube of water with dimensions 11.0 cm × 11.0 cm × 11.0 cm ?
5. When the value 98.54 is rounded to two significant figures, the number should be reported as:
6. Given the sequence of temps below, which one represents the Fahrenheit boiling, room temp, and freezing points of water, in that order?
7. How should someone classify grape juice?
8. Gallium metal will melt in your hand. Which of the following is a true statement about this process? It represents a _______.
9. A solid that does not have a long range repeating order is called ________.
10. Please select the TRUE statement below
11. IN YOUR OWN WORDS, who was John Dalton, and why is he so important to chemistry? What did he "discover" that is so central to our study of chemistry? Explain why it is important
12. Human remains are typically cremated at a temperature of about 870.0 degrees C.
(1) What is this temperature in F?
(2) What is this temperature in K?