1. (TCO 1) UNIX (the predecessor of Linux) was originally developed by _____. (Points : 6)
2. (TCO 2) The _____ is the core component of the Linux operating system
3. (TCO 2) A Linux _____ Partition is the partition that is used as virtual memory on the hard d
1. (TCO 6) After connecting to an FTP site, the ______ command will toggle off the Interactive messages during file transfer
2. (TCO 6) After connecting to an FTP site, the _____ command will download multiple files.
3. (TCO 6) Name a protocol listed below that is connection-oriented
4. (TCO 5) Select the UNIX command used to generate a private and a public key for encrypting and decrypting files using secure shell (SSH).
5. (TCO 5) What is the name of the stable and reliable firewall daemon that is freely available in every version of Linux
6. (TCO 5) As a security measure, all TCP services are protected by TCP wrappers. What two files make up TCP wrappers
7. (TCO 5) The Linux firewall daemon iptables can enforce rules on all the following chains except _____.
8. (TCO 4) For security reasons, _____ is the name of the file that holds each user’s actual encrypted password
9. (TCO 4) In a file permissions, if a permission is unavailable or not assigned, a(n) _____ character replaces its position in the displayed permissions
10. (TCO 4) When using the chmod command in numeric mode, the permissions rw- can be represented by the number
11. (TCO 4) After the user is created, the content of the _____ directory is copied to the new users’ home directory
1. (TCO 7) In the Linux sudoers configuration file, which of the following lines will give the user student the right to execute the service command
2. (TCO 7) Unix services whose file name end in a d, such as dhcpd, xinetd, smtpd, httpd, etc. indicate that the particular file is a _____.
3. (TCO 7) Which one of the following Linux commands will allow you to view the Windows shares on a computer named winclient10 as the user smbuser
4. (TCO 7) What is the path and name for the directory where you can place scripts that will automatically run every hour
5. (TCO 6) What is the name of the UDP protocol that automatically provides TCP/IP host configuration information to PCs, and what UDP port numbers does it use
6. (TCO 5) What is the command required to create a set of public and private keys that can be used by SSH (secure shell)
7. (TCO 4) What is the name of the path and filename for the file that contains encrypted passwords for Linux users
8. (TCO 3) What is the single command that will display all files in the /bin directory that begin with the letters a, b, or c ) assuming /root is the current directory
9. (TCO 2) What is the core component of the Linux operating system called
10. (TCO 1) What is software called that is distributed free of charge, but without the sourcecode provided