or email us
CIS 502 WEEK 7 CASE STUDY 3 STR LATEST
CASE STUDY 3: MOBILE DEVICES SECURITY
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
The use of mobile devices is prevalent and growing rapidly as users heavily depend on them. Unfortunately, attackers follow the money and user population. In addition, mobile devices do not receive patches for their vulnerabilities. The Zeus-in-the-Mobile (ZitMo) attack against Android users is an example defeating the emerging technology to steal user’s credentials and ultimately money. Mobile devices can also spread malware.
Read the article titled, “Mobile device attacks surge”, located at http://www.treasuryandrisk.com/2011/02/08/pr-mobile-device-attacks-surge, and FIPS 140-2 Security Policy, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp1648.pdf. In addition, read the report titled, “Emerging Cyber Threats 2012”, located at http://www.gtisc.gatech.edu/doc/emerging_cyber_threats_report2012.pdf
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the emerging cybersecurity issues and vulnerabilities presented in the “Emerging Cyber Threats 2012” report.
2. Analyze vulnerabilities of mobile devices in regard to usability and scale based on your research and suggest methods to mitigate the vulnerabilities of mobile devices.
3. Assess and describe the value of cryptography and encryption in regard to Equifax’s approach to implementing stronger security policies around mobile devices.
4. Justify Gunter Ollmann’s comments about Zeus-in-the-Mobile (ZitMo) and describe the implications of advanced security breaches such as this.
5. Several challenges of controlling information online are set forth in the section of the article titled, “Controlling Information Online – A New Frontier in Information Security”. Determine what you believe is the greatest challenge in regard to controlling information online.
6. Justify Dan Kuykendall’s statement about the biggest issue with mobile browsers and give two (2) examples illustrating his point.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.