or email us
CIS 502 WEEK 9 ASSIGNMENT 3 STR LATEST
Due Week 9 and worth 50 points
Cybersecurity is such an important topic today and understanding its implications is paramount in the security profession. Compliance, certification, accreditation, and assessment are critical in understanding the legal and ethical procedures to follow as a security professional. In support of cybersecurity initiatives, the National Initiative for Cyber Security Education (NICE) has published several initiatives in regard to protecting national security. The following document titled, “National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education”, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/nice/framework/documents/NICE-Cybersecurity-Workforce- Framework-Summary-Booklet.pdf, will be used to help you complete the assignment.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Examine the National Initiative for Cyber Security Education and describe the initiative.
2. Assess the value of the NICE framework. Discuss the importance of this framework in regard to the security profession and individual organizations.
3. Suggest three (3) examples that illustrate the importance of the National Initiative for Cyber Security Education initiative.
4. Describe the expected outcomes of this initiative.
5. Evaluate how organizations can implement the NICE framework to prevent internal and external attacks.
6. Determine how the NICE framework addresses the legal and ethical issues in the field of information security.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. ?The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Evaluate and explain from a management perspective the industry-standard equipment, tools, and technologies organizations can employ to mitigate risks and thwart both internal and external attacks.