or email us
CIS 515 ASSIGNMENT 6 SQL CONCEPTS
The Strayer Oracle Server may be used to test and compile the SQL Queries developed for this assignment. Your instructor will provide you with login credentials to a Strayer University maintained Oracle server.
Imagine that you work for a finance industry-based organization. Your organization is looking to submit its database design documentation to an evaluation team in order to meet Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. You have been assigned to assist in preparing the documentation of the organization’s sales database. You are asked to propose a data dictionary that can be used to document the following:
Employee (EmpNumber, EmpFirstName, EmpLastName, CommissionRate, YrlySalary, DepartmentID, JobID)
Invoice (InvNumber, InvDate, EmpNumber, InvAmount, CustomerID)
InvoiceLine (InvLineNumber, InvNumber, ProductNumber, Quantity)
Product (ProductNumber, ProductDescription, ProductCost)
Department (DepartmentID, DepartmentDescription)
Job (JobID, JobDescription)
Customer (CustomerID, CustomerName, CustomerAddress, CustomerPhone)
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Create a data dictionary that includes the following:
1. A description of the content for each field
2. The data type of each field
3. The format the data will be stored as in the field
4. The range of value for the field
5. A label, as required, if the attribute is a primary key or foreign key
Note: An example is shown in Table 7.3 in chapter 7 of the textbook.
2. Imagine that you are asked to identify the number of days that exist between the first invoice and last invoice for each month and complete the following:
1. Construct a query that will show the number of days that exist between the first invoice and last invoice, for each month, for each employee, using the DATEDIFF function. Be sure to provide the SQL script that will carry out this function.
2. Construct a query to show the expected payment date if invoices are due within 30 days of transaction.
3. Construct a query that will show distinct area codes of the customers.
3. Create a plan of the necessary activities that would be required to implement a valid database design process by including the following: