or email us
CIS 517 WEEK 5 MIDTERM EXAM
1. Project managers should lead projects in isolation in order to truly serve the needs of the organization.
2. Using a systems approach is critical to successful project management.
3. Systems analysis addresses the business, technological, and organizational issues associated with creating, maintaining, and modifying a system.
4. Project managers and their teams must keep in mind the effects of any project on the interests and needs of the entire system or organization instead of focusing on the immediate concerns of the project.
5. When you separate business and organizational issues from project management planning, you do a better job of ensuring project success.
6. According to the symbolic frame, the most important aspect of any event in an organization is not what actually happened, but what it means.
7. Most colleges and universities have very strong functional organizations.
8. An organization that uses a project organizational structure earns their revenue primarily from performing projects for other groups under contract.
9. Project managers in matrix organizations have staff from various functional areas working on their projects.
10. Most people believe that the underlying causes of many companies’ problems can be traced to its organizational structure.
11. The same organization can have different subcultures.
12. Project work is most successful in an organizational culture where activities are organized around individuals.
13. An organizational culture with strong unit integration makes the project manager’s job more difficult.
14. Internal stakeholders include groups affected by the project such as government officials or concerned citizens.
15. Project managers must take adequate time to identify, understand, and manage relationships with all project stakeholders.
16. The best way to sustain a project is to withhold the required money, human resources, and visibility for the project.
17. Project managers must have cooperation from people in other parts of the organization.
18. Standards and guidelines to follow when performing project management must be devised by top management.