Check for Understanding
1. Who developed the classification system we use today?
2. What are the 7 taxa in order from broadest to most specific?
3. What are the 5 major kingdoms?
4. Why do we use a classification system? What is the importance of it?
5. What does binomial nomenclature mean?
6. What are the rules when writing a organisms name using binomial nomenclature?
7. How do you suppose science go about classifying new organisms? What do they look at do you suppose?
8. What was some of Carolus Linnaeus accomplishments?
Source: Brent Zabel Bethlehem Academy Science Teacher