Students will explore potential safety problems and then devise possible solutions. They will then produce a Safety Tip poster to be displayed on the school bulletin board.
When you have completed this activity, you should be more aware of potential safety hazards in your classroom, and how to find possible solutions for them.
1) Begin by watching the video Officer Buckle and Gloria.
2) Next, with a classmate, you will look around your classroom to find potential safety problems. Discuss these together and then pick one that you would like to illustrate with a poster. This will be placed on the bulletin board in the main hallway.
3) There are a few sample ideas to look at.
4) There is a worksheet on personal facts. Learn this and be able to tell this information to your teacher.
5) Finally take the short quiz to see what you know about safety.
Reading the book ~ Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathmann