3rd Grade- Lauren Capps Hamilton
Essential Standard: 3.G.1.5 Summarize the elements (cultural, demographic, economic and geographic) that define regions (community, state, nation and world).
Learning Objective: -Be able to define what a community is.
- Be able to describe how culture, demographics, economics, and geography affect a community.
-Be able to research and then identify culture, demographics, economics, and geography of a given region.
Students will first be split up into groups. (Groups will be split up by learning style. For example, Group 1 learns best by seeing pictures. Group 2 learns best by listening to the information. Group 3 learns best by seeing the words.) Groups will then be assigned a state in the United States to research. Groups will research the special elements that define the state using ipads, computers, and books. Groups will then create a presentation and present their findings to the class. They have the option of creating a poster, powerpoint, prezi, video, or any other aid approved first by the teacher.
Presentation must include
1. The community/state
2. The special qualities for the community/state. SPECIFIC examples.
3. Visual aids to help us understand
4. AT LEAST 5 sources (books, websites)
6. Participation from all group members.