1. (TCO 1) The HAL and executive services are elements of the __________.
2. (TCO 1) Information on installed hardware, software, system configuration, and current running programs can be accessed using ________.
command prompt (cmd.exe)
system information utility (msinfo32.exe)
3. (TCO 2) The ____ is a measure of resistance to electricity
4. (TCO 2) A system might have up to ____ types of ribbon cables
5. (TCO 2) When should a soft boot be used on your computer?
Only when absolutely necessary
Anytime you want
There is no such thing as a soft boot.
6. (TCO 3) What type of RAM do most motherboards use today?
7. (TCO 3) To help secure a computer, you can set a startup or “power-on” password so that the startup BIOS will ask for the password during the boot process. This password is stored in _______.
8. (TCO 3) The term form factor in regards to a motherboard refers to the ______ layout of the components on the board
9. (TCO 9) When you first purchase a notebook, make sure you have a ____ CD containing the installed OS so you can recover from a failed hard drive