Students will learn the doubles rap for the numbers 0-5. They will be able to sing and perform the movements to the song to help to commit the facts to memory.
In this lesson you will learn the Doubles Rap from 0-5 along with the movements to go with it.
You will watch a video of a First Grade class singing it, create a recording of yourself singing it, upload it to your blog, complete a worksheet on the iPad, take a quiz on the doubles 0-5, and complete the VoiceThread WSQ.
1. Learn the Doubles Rap as a class.
2. Check out the Sophia lesson
3. Watch doubles video (stop after 5 + 5)
4. Click home button, find Garage Band
5. Click on Garage Band and record yourself singing the Doubles Rap 0-5
6. Save under your name for a later upload to your blog
7. Click home button, find ShowMe
8 Do the doubles worksheet, save under your name
9. Click home button, enter Safari back to Sophia lesson
10. Do the quiz
11. Voice Record response to WSQ on VoiceThread
Common Core Standards:
Operations and Algebraic Thinking K.OA
Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings,2 sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
5. Fluently add and subtract within 5.
1. Creativity and Innovation
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
a. Apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes
b. Create original works as a means of personal or group expression
3. Research and Information Fluency
b. Locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
a. Understand and use technology systems
b. Select and use applications effectively and productively
d. Transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies
Same rap, different movements.
Offers you to see what other kids are doing (: