Welcome. I look forward to a very productive and successful year together at Stokes Early College High School. The core items that will help your student to succeed the most in the classroom are hard work, dedication, commitment, consistency, and a little humor doesn’t hurt. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at the school during my planning period from 10:00 to 11:00 am. I can also be reached through my school email: email@example.com.
Please review my school web page (located on the SECHS web site) for further information and helpful sites concerning the curriculum:
Science Curriculum / Instruction:
Essential Standards for High School Earth Science
- Explain the Earth’s role as a body in space.
- Explain how processes and forces affect the lithosphere.
- Understand how human influences impact the lithosphere.
- Explain the structure and processes within the hydrosphere.
- Evaluate how humans use water.
- Understand the structure of and processes within our atmosphere.
- Analyze patterns of global climate change over time.
- Explain how the lithosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere individually and collectively affect the biosphere.
- Evaluate human behaviors in terms of how likely they are to ensure the ability to live sustainably on Earth.