1. (TCO 1) A periodic pulse waveform is measured using an oscilloscope. If the horizontal scale is set to 10 µsec/division and one period covers three vertical divisions, what is the frequency of the signal? (Points : 5)
Question 2. 2. (TCO 2) What is the ratio of time on to time off for a periodic pulse with a duty cycle of 5%? (Points : 5)
Question 3. 3. (TCO 3) What is the decimal value of the signed number 0101 1010? (Points : 5)
Question 4. 4. (TCO 4) What is the basic logic function that generates a LOW only if all of its digital inputs are LOW? (Points : 5)
Question 5. 5. (TCO 5) If the inputs to a 1-bit full-adder are A = 1, B = 0, Cin =1, what are the outputs? (Points : 5)
Question 6. 6. (TCO 6) What is the minimum number of select lines required for an 8-to-1 multiplexer? (Points : 5)
Question 7. 7. (TCO 7) A J-K flip-flop has Q = 1. The output will always change on the next clock edge when (Note: the X indicates a don’t care condition) (Points : 5)
1.(TCO 1) The figure below shows an oscilloscope screen capture of a periodic signal. The oscilloscope settings are: time scale = 20 ns/div and voltage scale = 1 V/div. What are the frequency and the peak voltage for the signal shown? The minimum value of the signal is 0V.
2.(TCO 2) What is the minimum number of bits required to represent +56,392 using 2’s complement form? Explain how you get your answer.(Points : 10)
3. (TCO 3) Convert the following decimal negative numbers to their 8-bit, 2’s complement formulation: -1, -99, -123. (Points : 10)
4. (TCO 4) A 2-input NOR gate has inputs A and B. If the output of the gate remains LOW independent of the state of input A, what can be deduced about B? Please explain your reasoning. (Points : 10)
6. (TCO 5) Can the least significant full adder (inputs A0 and B0) in a 4-bit binary adder be replaced with a half adder? Justify your answer. (Points : 10)
7. (TCO 6) Develop the Boolean equation for the output of a 1-to-2 demultiplexer with select line S, input D, and outputs Y0 and Y1 (Points : 10)
8. (TCO 6) Develop the Boolean expression for Y4 in the 3-to-8 decoder circuit shown below. Input C is the most significant bit.
11. (TCO 5) Using a 4-bit adder/subtractor, carry out the binary operations for 9 - 3 and 3 - 9. How are the answers different, and how do you interpret the results? (Points : 10)