or email us
ECET 340 WEEK 4 HOMEWORK 4
Chapter 9: Pulse Accumulator and Event Counter, pages 296–304
Chapter 13: ADC, DAC, and Sensor Interfacing, pages 462–467
Page 324, problems 46, 48
Page 467, review questions 1–4
Page 469, problems 55–60
46. For the PAC1 counter, which pin is used for the input pulse?
48. Program PACA to be an event counter. Use 16-bit mode, and display the binary count on PORTB and PORTA continuously. Set the initial count to 20,000.
1.In a DAC, input is ___ (digital, analog) and output is __ (digital, analog).
2.In an ADC, input is ___ (digital, ) and output is __ (digital, analog).
3.DAC0808 is a(n) ____-bit D-to-A converter.
4. (a)The output of DAC0808 is in __ (current, voltage).
(b)True or false. The output of DAC0808 is ideal to drive a motor.
55. True or false. DAC0808 is the same as DAC1408.
56. Find the number of discrete voltages provided by the n-bit DAC for the following:
57. For DAC1408, if Iref = 2 mA, show how to get an Iout of 1.99 when all inputs are HIGH.
58. Find the Iout for the following inputs. Assume Iref = 2 mA for DAC0808.
59. To get a smaller step, we need a DAC with __ (more, fewer) digital inputs.
60. To get full-scale output, what should be the in