Using a minimum of 250 words, write a brief narrative describing the setting of your placement school or child-care center. Use the introduction to Chapter 12 in Student Teaching: Early Childhood Practicum Guide as an example. Include characteristics such as:
1. Student-teacher ratios
2. Socioeconomic profile
3. Physical layout
4. Daily routines and/or activities
5. Community in which the center is located
6. Availability of technology
7. Parental involvement
8. Culture/language of students
9. Special needs of students
Answer the following questions, using at least 150 words for each:
1. What characteristics did you observe that contribute to a high-quality child-care center? Why do you think these characteristics contribute to a high-quality child-care center?
2. What characteristics did you observe that might be improved to increase the quality of your placement setting? Why and how would your recommendation improve the center?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.