This assignment encompasses a unit of instruction that will direct the creation of two aligning lessons and a supporting essay.
Using students' contextual factors, academic needs, diversity, and the specific learning content, create a graphic organizer, such as a chart or table, to make your unit of instruction clear.
Include the topic or learning experience you are planning for each day/period. Also indicate the goal or goals you identified in the "Learning Goals" assignment that you are addressing in each activity. Make sure that the learning goals selected are addressed by at least one learning experience. Include the following:
1. State standards being addressed in the unit
2. Variety of instructional strategies with varied activities and student management/engagement strategies
3. Consideration of the contextual factors and data you discovered in Topic 1
4. Assessments, including formative and summative
When you have completed the unit of instruction, write an essay of 750-1,000 words, citing supporting research for the rationale of your lesson plan activities.
In your explanation for each activity, include:
1. How the content relates to and supports your instructional goal(s)
2. How the learning experience stems from your preassessment information and contextual factors. Indicate the rationale for the assessments you will implement to measure the student's performance during and after the unit. (This can be incorporated from your "Assessment Plan" assignment.)
3. Technology you will incorporate into the unit learning experiences
Work with your cooperating teacher to execute two or three lessons. You will be asked to reflect on the lesson goals and preassessment and postassessment data in Topic 6.