Use the questions listed below to interview one adult.
Write an essay of 500 words in which you answer and analyze the following questions about the person's life and cultural beliefs and biases. If the question does not apply directly to the individual, explain why.
1. When did your ancestors come here?
2. What process did they take to make that journey?
3. What do you consider to be your culture?
4. When did you first become aware of your culture?
5. What do you remember about the attitudes toward other ethnic minority groups from significant people in your life (relatives, friends, or teachers)?
6. What do you value about your culture?
7. What does it mean to you to be an American?
8. What does citizenship mean to you?
9. How would you describe yourself and your personal values about others who are different than you?
10. What does multicultural education look like in a classroom?
Early Childhood Education students should focus on Birth to Age 5/Pre-K and K to Age 8/Grade 3. Elementary Education students should focus on Grades K-8. Secondary Education students should focus on Grades 7-12.