For this assignment, choose the age group that a majority are comfortable with using Grades K-8. Choose one of the following three scenarios:
1. Gina is a docile student who socializes little and is nondisruptive. However, she rarely completes an assignment, especially one that is her part in a group project, which frustrates her teammates.
2. Susan participates in class activities and completes her homework. However, she talks constantly and is disruptive during lesson time.
3. Jerry, larger and louder than his classmates, wants to be the center of attention and has found his niche in clowning around and intimidation. He makes wise remarks, talks back, and is known for verbally destroying his classmates, who alternately find him comical and frightening.
As the teacher, write a letter to the student's parents describing the problem, its ramifications for the student and the classroom, and your proposed solution. Seek their support.
1. Post your letter to the CLC group for evaluation. Each CLC group member should critique the others' letters.
2. Redo your letter based on CLC feedback.
3. Write a reflection of 250 words on the process. What did you learn from the process that will help you as a classroom teacher?Each member of the group should submit his or her initial and adjusted letters, as well as the reflection, with a title page.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.