Reminder that this Thursday is the pickup for the boxes. This will be our last online lesson till Fall if we are still not in church. We hope you have a great Summer with the boxes and help your kids grow spiritually. The boxes are not age specific so that you can adapt them for your kids understanding.
Today we will learn about the birth of Moses. Moses was born a long time ago in Egypt. But he was not an Egyptian. He was an Israelite. At that time the Pharaoh of Egypt gave an order that every newborn baby boy was to be thrown into the Nile River and killed, but baby girls could live. That doesn't sound fair does it? Can you imagine the sadness parents had when a baby boy was born? But this is a story about how God can protect His own chosen people, even during evil times like this.
Read Exodus 2:1-10 (The story of the birth of Moses)
1. Instead of throwing Moses into the Nile, what did his mother do with him for the first three months of his life? (She hid him.)
2. When his mother could hide him no longer, what did she do with Moses? (She put him in a basket and set him among the reeds in the Nile.)
3. Where did Pharaoh's daughter find the baby? (Along the bank of the Nile among the reeds.)
4. What was Pharaoh's daughter doing when she found Moses? (Bathing with her servants.)
5. Do you think Moses was found by accident, or was it God's plan? (God's plan.)
6. Who did Pharaoh's daughter find to nurse the baby? (His mother.)
7. How do we see God's protection in this story? (God protected Moses from dying in the Nile River by allowing Pharaoh's daughter to find him and raise him as an Egyptian.)
Prepare the craft by printing the templates and cutting them out.
Share the story of baby Moses with your children.
Instruct the children to color in the picture as well as the back side of the grass, show them how to fold the flaps to hide baby Moses.