To let you know about the amendments and fact file of the constitution.
1. The Constitution of India was handwritten and calligraphed in both English and Hindi-- not typeset or printed. The original copies are kept in special helium-filled cases in the Library of the Parliament of India.
2. 284 members of the Constituent Assembly (which included 15 women) signed the hand-written documents on January 24, 1950 and it came into force on January 26 the same year.
3. Our constitution is the longest in the world, with 444 articles, 12 schedules and 97 amendments. The American constitution is the shortest. The earliest form of a constitution in the world was found in Iraq to be dated 2300 B.C
4. The Indian constitution is often called a bag of borrowings—it has taken various features and parts from other constitutions. The concepts of Liberty, Equality and Fraternity was taken from the French constitution, the concept of 5 year plans was taken from the USSR, the Directive principles (socio-economic rights) were taken from Ireland, the law on which the Supreme Court functions was taken from Japan and a lot more other concepts were borrowed from other countries.
5. The national emblem of India (the adapted version of Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka with the wheel, bull, and horse) was adopted by the Government on 26 January, 1950.