1. Students will watch a PowerPoint on the process of finding themes in literature.
2. Students will be able to relate the difference between a topic and a theme.
3. Students will be able to relate verbally and later show mastery of analyzing the five parts of a book we look at to find theme
4. Students will be able to verbally and in writing relate the process of how to analyze theme s in a novel.
5. Students will show, through classroom discussion, that they are comfortable with and are able to utilize the vocabulary that is important when they are discussing the topic of theme.
Students will watch a PowerPoint to familiarize themselves with the vocabulary, as well as the process for finding a theme in literature.