A sample problem showing how to apply the coefficient of friction.
After watching this tutorial you should be able to do the following:
1. Draw a properly-scaled force diagram to represent the situation.
2. Use an object's mass to calculate the gravitational force between that object and the earth.
3. Use the coefficient of friction (µ) to determine the value of the friction force.
4. Use the head-to-tail diagram to calculate the value of the net force.
5. Use Newtons 2nd Law to determine the acceleration of the object.