1. What day does advent begin on this year?
2. What is Advent?
3. Advent comes from the Latin word_____which means_______?
4. When do we light the pink candle?
5. What is the week that we light the pink candle called?
6. What does the Advent wreath represent?
7. What does each week of Advent represent?
8. The third Sunday of Advent is known as________Sunday.
9. What is an Advent Calendar?
10. When was Advent first observed?
11. The first Sunday of Advent also marks the _________________ for the church?
12. Why is the liturgical color of the season Purple?
13. What holiday did the Pagans celebrate on Christmas?
14. What is a Jesse tree?
15. What are posadas?
16. Why do Posadas only last 9 days?
17. All these saints are associated with Advent. Tell me what they did:
b. St. Francis Xavier
c. St. John Damascene
d. St. Nicholas
e. St. Ambrose
f. St. Lucy
g. St. John of the Cross
18. What did you learn about Advent? How can the experience of Advent help your faith
When you are finished, with your partner
You need to read Matthew 1:18-2:23. Take notes on the section and then write a half page summary about this section.
Fundamentals of Catholicism—Nativity Project
Now that you have watched the movie and took notes on the Bible passages, you can put all that information together for a project.
The Imovie/Powerpoint will be judged on:
Remember the four things you will turn in
You will have two class periods to complete.
Holiday Traditions Project
You have already done the Holiday portion for your other classes. Today you will work on the Religion portion. This involves looking up a Saint from your country and doing research and telling us their story.
The steps are
1.) What are some of the prophesies that the Old Testament had about the Messiah?
2.) How is Mary connected to Eve?
3.) What is the visitation?
4.) What two prayers are based on the visitation?
5.) What is the nativity?
1. What is the incarnation?
2. Is Jesus Christ man or God? (How many natures/persons does he have?)
3. List and briefly (1 or 2 sentences) explain the 8 titles of Mary given in this lecture.
1. What is the "Hidden years"
2. What did Jesus do during these hidden years?
3. What was his relationship with his parents?
1. Write down the St. Jerome quote. What does it mean?
2. List the four Gospels and tell me about each of them.
3. Why was Christ baptized?
List and briefly explain the 7 facts about Christ's public ministry.
Describe how he entered Jerusalem.