1. Know your purpose & find your passion.
2. Pick goals that match your personal values and morals.
3. Set SMART goals. (See packet on Goal Setting to learn more about SMART goals).
4. Tell the world about your goals and get some support.
5. Find a buddy to help you when you are struggling with your goals.
6. Commit to learning from your mistakes and trying again and again to succeed.
7. Start again after you fail at your goal. It isn't the end of the world. You can still succeed.
8. Know what motivates you, surround yourself with inspirational books, CD's, television and people.
Source: Kristina Blasen
Tips on how to get motivated and stay motivated
Tony Robbins, professional motivational speaker, on understanding what motivates us (22 minutes)
This is a slide show with 26 motivational quotes to inspire you to get motivated.