to understand the grading policy and the weight given to each of the grade's components.
to understand the policies regarding absences and cuts and how they will affect a grade.
to review some practices that will promote successful learning.
This tutorial contains a list of the components of a students grades and how they are weighed in calculation. It also explains the policy for absences and how to make up missed assignments or assessments in a timely manner. Finally some strategies for successful learning are listed with a video addressing some practices that will ensure success.
Grading (per quarter)
• 50% Unit Tests and Projects
• 35% Quizzes
• 15% Asignments / Homework Quizzes / Binder Check
• You are responsible for getting and completing all missed work.
• Test make-ups will be given for legitimate absences only.
• Test make-ups must be completed before the next test is scheduled.
• If you are late to school, make-ups must be completed that same day after school.
Guidelines for Success
• Have materials out and ready for the start of class.
• Complete all assignments.
• Actively participate in class.
• Keep an organized and accurate notebook.
• Make corrections on homework, quizzes and tests.
• Show work clearly and neatly.
• Get extra help after school.
• Use this website to download guided notes, keep informed about assignments, and access other helpful information.