• Horizontal Line - A horizontal line is parallel to or on the plane of the horizon.
• Vertical Line - A vertical line is perpendicular to a horizontal line and is upright through the coordinate plane.
• Constant – A constant is a non-varying fixed number.
• Variable – A variable is a value that my vary and is usually represented by a symbol or letter like "x".
• Coordinate Plane - A plane formed by a horizontal and vertical axis.
• Axis - A line through a body or figure. In this case it refers to the x and y axis.
• Y Axis - The vertical line through the middle of the coordinate plane.
• X Axis - The horizontal line through the middle of the coordinate plane.
• Ordered Pairs - Ordered pairs are coordinates that can be plotted on the coordinate plane and take the form of (x,y).
• Linear equation - An algebraic equation where the terms are either a constant, a single variable, or the product of a constant and a variable.
When a constant is set equal to y, like with y = 2, the line is horizontal.
And when a constant is set equal to x, like with x = 5, the line is vertical.