or email at:
HCA 497 ENTIRE COURSE HEALTH CARE STUDIES CAPSTONE
U.S. Health Care System vs. Other Countries.
Compare and contrast the U.S. health care system with that of another country. What are some of the major advantages and disadvantages inherent of both systems? Explain whether the selected country could learn from the U.S. health care system or if the U.S. could learn from the other country.
Health Care Trends and Challenges. Evaluate the impact of at least two major trends that occurred in the U.S. health care system during the twentieth century that continue to significantly influence the access to health care in the twenty-first century. Identify the population groups that are affected the most and explain why this is the case. How have these trends challenged health care organizations and their leaders?
The Aging Population. Analyze what you believe to be three of the most significant challenges that health care providers face in the delivery of health care services to the aging population. Prioritize your selections (i.e., one, two, and three) and justify the rankings that you assigned to each challenge. Research statistical data on the topic and include at least one statistic from a credible source to support your opinions.
Quality Management Techniques. Evaluate the effectiveness of two or three quality management techniques that are practiced in health care organizations. What types of health care organizations and populations would benefit most from these techniques and why? What are some of the roles that non-clinical health care professionals play in the quality of care within health care organizations?
Quality Oversight in Health Care Organizations. Quality of care and patient safety has become a driving force in the delivery of health care in the twenty-first century. Your paper should address the following:
1. Explain the role of quality oversight in health care organizations and elaborate on how non-clinical personnel contribute to the process.
2. Identify and describe three stakeholder organizations or agencies that contribute to quality oversight within health care organizations in a substantial way. Include at least one government and one non-government organization/agency that focuses on quality of care within the health care field.
3. Answer the following questions for each organization/agency:
4. How does this organization/agency contribute to quality of care and patient safety?
5. What specific types of oversight does this organization/agency pro