1. The researchers analyzed the data they collected as though it were at what level of measurement?
2. What was the mean posttest empowerment score for the control group?
3. Compare the baseline and posttest depression scores of the experimental group. Was this an expected finding? Provide a rationale for your answer.
4. Compare the mean baseline and posttest depression scores of the control group. Do these scores strengthen or weaken the validity of the research results? Provide rationale.
5. Which groups test scores had the least amount of variability or dispersion? Provide rationale for answer.
6. Did the empowerment variable or self-care self-efficacy variable demonstrate the greatest amount of dispersion? Provide rationale for answer.
7. The mean (X) is a measure of central tendency of a distribution while the SD is a measure of dispersion of its scores. Both X and SD are descriptive statistics.
8. What was the mean severity for renal disease for the research subjects? What was the dispersion or variability of the renal disease of the renal disease severity scores? Did the severity scores vary significantly between the control and the experimental groups? Is this important? Provide rationale.
9. Which variable was least affected by the empowerment program? Provide rationale for answer.
10. Was it important for the researchers to include the total means and SDs for the study variables Table 2 to promote the readers’ understandings of the study results? Provide rationale.