1. Which patient scored the highest on the preoperative CVLT Acquisition? What was his or her T score?
2. Which patient scored the lowest on postoperative CVLT retrieval? What was this patient’s T score?
3. Did the patient in question 2 have more of a memory performance decline than average on the CVLT retrieval? Provide rationale.
4. What is the mean (X) and standard deviation (SD) for preoperative T score for CVLT acquisition?
5. Is the preoperative retrieval T score for patient 5 above or below the mean for the norm of the group? Provide rationale.
6. Assuming that the distribution of the preoperative CVLT retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
7. Assuming that the distribution of scores for the postoperative CVLT retrieval T scores is normal, X= 38.2 SD= 9
8. The researchers state that it appears that the functional integrity of the left temporal lobe, despite evidence of structural abnormality, plays a considerable role when it comes to memory outcomes following left ATL. Can the findings from this study be generalized to a larger population? Provide rationale.
9. If a patient had a raw score = 30, what would his/ her postoperative CVLT retrieval score be?
10. Did patients demonstrate more postoperative memory declines among CVLT retrieval T scores than CVLT acquisition T scores? Provide rationale.
11. Did patients demonstrate more postoperative memory declines among CVLT retrieval T scores than CVLT acquisition T scores? Provide rationale.