Cultural Perspective Paper
Brief Description: Reflection Paper
Due Date: The Cultural Perspective Paper is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to take a look at God’s Word as it pertains to food, eating, and our cultural view of food.
Details: Read the following passages of Scripture: Romans 12:1–2; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 1 John 2:16–17a; Revelation 18; Proverbs 22:1–12; Proverbs 23:19–21; Ecclesiastes 5:18–20. Write a two- to three-page, double-spaced essay, and integrate biblical references with the following talking points:
· How do these passages of Scripture apply to the topic of nutrition?
· In what way do these passages of Scripture point to our culture’s view of food?
· Discuss our societal/cultural view of food (gratification, lack of discipline, etc.).
· Discuss the personal meaning of these passages of Scripture to your own personal view of nutrition.
· Examine your own eating habits and discuss how these passages of Scripture pertain to your current eating habits.
In your written paper, please refer to at least five passages of Scripture. Also, make certain you refer to at least one Scripture with each of the talking points above. Note: not all Scripture passages address each of the talking points individually.
Please cite references and Scripture using a superscript style described by the National Library of Medicine in the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/uniform_requirements.html