Students will learn the policies of the Conrad High School library and learn how to use the resources and check out books.
Sophia's online courses help save you money, while earning credits that are eligible for transfer to over 2,000 colleges and universities.*
Name: ___________________________ Date: _________________
CONRAD HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY ORIENTATION
1. How many books can you check out at a time? __________________
2. How long can you keep the books? _________ ___________________
3. Japanese comics are called: _______________
4. ______________________ books are “real” or “true” and are arranged by Dewey Decimal # so that books with the same subject are together.
5. Computers can be used for school projects. T or F
6. You will need your _______ ___________________ in order to check out books.
7. Fiction books are arranged alphabetically by the first three __________________ of the author’s last name.
8. The library is open before school at _____________ a.m.
9. Dictionaries can be checked out by students. T or F
10. You can find college, career, or test prep books in the ________________________________________ section.
11. Name all the people who work in the library: _____________________________, _______________________________, _______________________________
12. You must have a _________________ if you want to come to the library and you are not with a class.
13. The ____________________________ desk is where books are checked out and returned.
14. ________________________________ are books about people. What is the call# for these books? _________________
15. Look up books in the online __________________________.
Source: Created by Angela W. Blair
Gives students a brief overview of how to use the Conrad High School Library and tells students what the library offers them.
Source: Created and narrated by Angela W. Blair, Ph.D., Librarian; created using PowerPoint and PhotoStory3.