Students will learn the policies of the Conrad High School library and learn how to use the resources and check out books.
Name: ___________________________ Date: _________________
CONRAD HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY ORIENTATION
1. How many books can you check out at a time? __________________
2. How long can you keep the books? _________ ___________________
3. Japanese comics are called: _______________
4. ______________________ books are “real” or “true” and are arranged by Dewey Decimal # so that books with the same subject are together.
5. Computers can be used for school projects. T or F
6. You will need your _______ ___________________ in order to check out books.
7. Fiction books are arranged alphabetically by the first three __________________ of the author’s last name.
8. The library is open before school at _____________ a.m.
9. Dictionaries can be checked out by students. T or F
10. You can find college, career, or test prep books in the ________________________________________ section.
11. Name all the people who work in the library: _____________________________, _______________________________, _______________________________
12. You must have a _________________ if you want to come to the library and you are not with a class.
13. The ____________________________ desk is where books are checked out and returned.
14. ________________________________ are books about people. What is the call# for these books? _________________
15. Look up books in the online __________________________.
Source: Created by Angela W. Blair
Gives students a brief overview of how to use the Conrad High School Library and tells students what the library offers them.
Source: Created and narrated by Angela W. Blair, Ph.D., Librarian; created using PowerPoint and PhotoStory3.