1. (TCO 1) Compensation represents both _____ rewards.
2. (TCO 1) Tuition reimbursement is considered which of the following?
3. (TCO 1) What is a systematic process for gathering, documenting, and analyzing information in order to describe jobs?
4. (TCO 1) What is a planned effort to facilitate employees' learning of job-related knowledge, skills, or behaviors?
5. (TCO 5) The Age Discrimination in Employment Act protects employees from what age on?
6. (TCO 5) A policy that applies to all company employees, but unintentionally hurts a protected group disproportionately, would be what form of discrimination?
7. (TCO 7) Which of the following is an advantage of seniority pay systems?
8. (TCO 7) Gunther Rohn was rewarded for making a suggestion that saved Ewe and Eye Electronics thousands of dollars. Which type of incentive compensation approach might have worked best?
9. (TCO 7) According to the job characteristics theory, this core characteristic refers to the amount of freedom, independence, and discretion the employee enjoys in determining how to do the job
10. (TCO 5) Discrimination based on which of the following is protected by the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
11. (TCO 5) Which federal government entity is responsible for the interpretation of employment laws?
12. (TCO 5) Compensation differentials between men and women performing substantially similar work fall under the purview of which piece of legislation?
13. (TCO 4) This term refers to a difference between the output of a human judgment process and that of an objective, accurate assessment uncolored by bias, prejudice, or other subjective and extraneous influences
14. (TCO 4) This occurs when a rater generalizes good performance behavior in one aspect of the job to all aspects of the job