1. (TCO 1) Which of the following is not a part of core compensation?
2. (TCO 2) Medicare Part A is based on what type of healthcare option?
3. (TCO 3) What would Yolanda's salary of $165,000 be considered if the mean salary for Acme Inc. is $30,000 and the median salary is $32,000?
4. (TCO 4) Basing the share of profits on job performance is characteristic of which type of employee distribution system?
5. (TCO 5) The collective bargaining system was established by the passage of which federal act?
6. (TCO 6) Which term is used to describe the situation where the pay spread between newly hired employees and more qualified job incumbents is small?
7. (TCO 7) Acme Company pays a portion of company profits to its employees. What kind of companywide incentive plan does Acme Co. offer?
8. (TCO 8) Which type of compensation program is based, in part, on the human capital theory?
9. (TCO 9) This vesting requires employers to grant employees 100% vesting after no more than 3 years of service.
10. (TCO 9) If the CEO of a new company asked you how much per employee she would be taxed by FUTA, what would you tell her?
11. (TCO 10) After the recent merger of ABC and XYZ Airlines, the former CFO of XYZ Airlines lost his employment in the newly merged airline. Which compensation agreement extends pay and benefits for him?
12. (TCO 3) Which job evaluation method entails ordering jobs based on extremes?
1. (TCO 10) Discuss the three main types of bonuses common in executive compensation. Please discuss in detail and provide examples of each type of bonus
2. (TCO 8) List and discuss four possible limitations of merit pay programs. Please discuss in detail and provide examples for each of the limitations.
3. (TCO 7) Merit pay is strengthened when you utilize the job analysis process. Discuss in detail how job analysis can be used to strengthen the legal standard of a company. Provide three examples.
4. (TCO 6) After completing the job analysis, your boss has asked you to conduct a job evaluation of the various positions in the company. Detail the steps you would take in accomplishing this task. Provide an example of a point factor evaluation system with at least two factors
5. (TCO 5) List and discuss in detail why unions fail to support a company's use of contingent workers. Provide examples.
6. (TCOs 1, 2, 3, and 6) Compare and contrast horizontal skills, vertical skills, and depth of skills.
7. (TCO 3) Distinguish between the arithmetic mean, the median, the standard deviation, quartiles, and percentiles. Provide examples of each.
8. (TCO 1) Compare and contrast employers', employees', and government's goals in the compensation system. Provide at least three examples