or email at:
HSA 500 ASSIGNMENT 5 HEALTH CARE
The health care system in the U.S. and in the world is complex. As a health care administrative
professional, you need to understand the full gamut of factors that impact this industry. Prior to beginning
your assignment, go to the YouTube Website to view the video titled “Pharmaceutical Industry in
Transition: Dramatic Changes Ahead, How Will You Adapt?” (2 min 32 s) located at http://youtu.be/4-7It6JQKA.
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
1. From the video, assess how regulations in the U.S. impact the claims and facts presented in this
video. Hypothesize where you think the biggest opportunity will be for pharmaceutical companies.
2. Compare drug pricing practice in the U.S. to those of another country of your choice. Discuss
your thoughts on these differences and similarities and the implications.
3. Research the career trends in health care related industries and make a prediction regarding
which career will prove to be the most economically rewarding. Provide discussion regarding your
4. Experts suggest that pressures placed upon medical professionals, specifically, doctors, are
resulting in a decline in interest in this profession. Discuss your position on this argument and
propose a remedy to this problem that is logical and reasonable.
5. Provide a discussion regarding the role of health policies. Speculate how such policies will impact
organizations over the next decade.
6. Reflect upon the work that you completed in this assignment and summarize what significant
developments occurred for you.
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not quality as academic resources.
ting of expenses by diagnosis or by procedure. The source of the list can be internal (within a health care facility of some type) or external (such as a published article, report, or survey). Comment upon whether you believe the expense grouping used is appropriate. Would you have grouped the expenses in another way?