1. (TCO 1) Which of the following are potential health outcomes of the uninsured?
2. (TCO 2) Which of the following are stakeholders in healthcare policy?
3. (TCO 3) Regressive payments are ____________.
4. (TCO 4) Fee-for-service reimbursement is different than the other units of payment for healthcare. This statement is:
5. (TCO 1) What is a category of underinsurance?
6. (TCO 3) In the 1990s, the push for cost containment changed how physicians and hospitals are paid. The changes:
Question 1 (TCO 2) For the last 25 years, what has been the fundamental conflict between purchasers and the healthcare industry?
Question 2 (TCO 4) List the methods of hospital payment.
Question 3 (TCO 2) Does an HMO promote the regionalized or dispersed model of care? How?
Question 4 (TCO 4) What is the concept of patient cost sharing? Is it a painless form of cost control? For whom?
Question 5 (TCO 3) Why has cost containment become such a focus of the American public? Give examples of current cost containment measures commonly used.